Welcome To National Commission for Colleges of Education
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act, 2011 was signed into law by former President Goodluck Jonathan on May 28, 2011 and came into force that same day.
The purpose and objectives of the Act as stated in its preamble, are;
- To make public records and information more freely available;
- To provide for public access to public records and information;
- To protect public records and information to the extent consistent with the public interest and the protection of personal privacy;
- To protect serving public officers from adverse consequences for disclosing certain kinds of official information without authorization;
- To establish procedures for the achievement of these purposes and for other related matters.
The passage of the Freedom of Information Act fills a huge gap which hitherto existed in the legal framework for citizens' access to information held by public officers, authorities
and institutions in Nigeria.
Related Documents on FOI Act
FOI ACT, 2011 Download Here
Attorney General’s Guidelines on the FOI Act (Download Here)
Download Sample Application Here OR Fill Online Application
Click Here For Online Application
Click Here To View Previous FOI Requests and Corresponding Responses
Section 2(3) of the Act, provides that a public institution shall cause to be published in accordance with
subsection(4) of this section, the following information
- A description of the organization and responsibilities of the institution including details of the programmes
and functions of each division, branch and department of the institution.
- A list of all-
- Classes of records under the control of the institution in sufficient details to
facilitate the exercise of the right to information under this Act.
- Manuals used by employees of the institution in administering or carrying out any of the programmes or activities of the institution.
- A description of documents containing final opinions including concurring and dissenting opinions as well as orders made in the adjudication of cases.
- Documents containing;
- Substantive rules of the institution.
- Statements and interpretations of policy which have been adopted by the institution.
- Final planning policies, recommendations and decisions.
- Factual reports, inspection reports and studies whether prepared by or for the institution.
- Information relating to receipt or expenditure of public or other funds of the institution.
- The names, salaries, titles and dates of employment of all employees and officers of the institution.
- The right of state, public institutions, or of any private person(s)
- A list of;
- Files containing applications for any contract, permit, grants, licenses or agreements.
- Reports, documents, studies or publications prepared by independent contractors for the institution.
- Materials containing information relating to any grant or contract made by or between the institution and another public institution or private organization
- The title and address of the appropriate officer of the institution whom an application for information under this Act shall be sent Mr. Mainasara K. Umar, Director, Information and Corporate Services Department, email at: email@example.com
National Commission for Colleges of Education
<<< Related Reports >>>
Classes of Records
- Freedom of Information Annual Report
- Colleges of Education Accreditation Status Download Here
- List of Approved and Accredited Colleges of EducationDownload Here
- Monitoring and Evaluation Report. For full report, contact PRS DepartmentDownload Here
- Statistical Digest, Cover Page. For full report, contact PRS Department Download Here
- 2019 Budget Performance Report Reports Download Here
- Staff Distribution by State, Geo-Political Zone and Grade Level Report Download Here
Manuals used by employees include:
- Statistical Digest Instrument Download Here
- Monitoring and Evaluation Instrument Download Here
GO TO HOME